Saturday, June 1, 2013

Free Spirit 2 tent instruction sheet

People seldom bother to put stuff like this online, where I can find it when I'm trying to find out about something that I got at a garage sale.  So, here's the tent that I bought at a thrift store recently, and both sides of the instruction sheet that came with it, since someone will eventually be looking for this info.
 
The actual Diamond Brand Free Spirit 2 tent.




There are holes in the page because the tent's previous owner put both a claw hammer and a wheel weight hammer in the tent's storage bag.  The bag and the instructions were damaged, but the tent was, surprisingly, unscathed.


It's not that anyone really needs these instructions, but they can save some wasted effort.

6 comments:

  1. owned a 3 man version for almost 4o years. Best tent ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found one at a garage sale too. New old stock, never even been out of the bag. Manufacture date of 5/11/79. Perfect, like new condition. Wouldn't you know it... NO INSTRUCTIONS! Thanks... BIG HELP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ex-wife and I backpacked all over CO & NM with that tent in the 80's. In the 90's we upgraded to the TNF VE-25 for snow camping. The diamond tent was great, nice to see it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still using mine after > 30 years and very happy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too....bought it in 81 and set it up today 8/25/18....hadn't set it up in years....still in great shape...never got wet in that tent

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic, thank you! I also just recently found a Diamond tent at an estate sale that is relatively unscathed and in good condition. I did find some bugs and it is quite odorous. No instructions included with the one I found. Are there any washing instructions?

    ReplyDelete