Monday, October 3, 2011

More shots from the kayak on the Carquinez Strait

More shots from the kayak on the Carquinez Strait.  These are photos that I thought might be interesting to someone else, but that I didn't like enough to post on flickr.com.

This is from the occupation of the Glen Cove waterfront park area by the Miwok, Ohlone, Patwin, and other indigenous peoples, due to a dispute over the Glen Cove shell mound(s).  (Please feel free to correct me if I have this wrong somehow.)

Crockett, west Contra Costa County, California.

Marker in Southampton Creek.  There was another marker in the same condition on the other side of the waterway, and a sign so weathered that I wasn't able to read it.  I suppose the message was "GO AWAY GET OUT OF HERE WE DON'T WANT YOU GET LOST," or words to that effect.

Oslo Bulk 8, Singapore, at the C&H dock in Crockett.

I was going to make this another fake Mono Lake shot on flickr, but I don't think I'll bother, since no on seems to get the joke.  (That is, they think it really is Mono Lake, or they just don't care.)

No comments:

Post a Comment